The former Panchayat President of Tirupullani Panchayat in Alangulam Panchayat Union undertook an additional pipe line work connecting Alangulam and Kannangudi villages during the year 2005-2006 at an estimated cost of Rs. 40,000.The work has been successfully completed but the payment is yet to be settled even after four long years. Instead of making the payment to the Panchayat, the Panchayat Union has issued the cheque to a third person, and he has misplaced the cheque. The payment for the work completed in the year 2006 is yet to be settled. The then Panchayat President has submitted a Non- encashement certificate and has requested for payment,which was never taken note of. Representations have been sent to the Panchayat Union, Alangulam as well as the Project Officer, District Development Agency, Ramnad during February, 2010. There has been no response from any of these people. The then Panchayat President approached 5th Pillar for a possible relief. An RTI representation was made on 30th August 2010 to the Public Information Officer, Panchayat Union, Alangulam to provide information under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
The Public Information Officer,
Tirupullani Panchayat Union,
Sub : Information under Right to Information Act, 2005-
Outstandings to Mangalam,
Former Panchayat President of Tirupullani
I request that the following information may please be supplied under
the Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of the outstandings to
the former Panchayat President of Tirupullani Panchat , Mangalam for
the pipeline work completed by them during the year 2005-06
1. When was the additional pipeline work from Alangulam to Kannangudi
entrusted for execution?
2. When was the work completed?
3. Has a cheque for the pipeline work been issued to the tenderer?
4. Who was the actual tenderer and to whom the cheque was issued?
5. When was the cheque actually issued and what was the amount of the cheque?
6.Has the cheque been encashed as per reconciliation?
7. If the cheque has been handed over to a wrong person, who is
responsible for the issue of the cheque to the wrong person?
8. What action has been action against the person who has handed over
the cheque to the wrong person?
9. If the payment has not been settled so for, when is this likely to
I request that the above information may please be supplied at the
earliest, since it is already four years, since the work has been
completed. I have enclosed court fee stamps worth Rs. 10, as per
requirements of the Act.